Our Designated Teacher for looked-after and previously looked-after children is Mrs M Kee.
Looked-after children are registered pupils that are:
- In the care of a local authority, or
- Provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of its social services functions, for a continuous period of more than 24 hours.
Previously looked-after children are registered pupils that fall into either of these categories:
- They were looked after by a local authority but ceased to be as a result of any of the following:
- A child arrangements order, which includes arrangements relating to who the child lives with and when they are to live with them
- A special guardianship order
- An adoption order
- They appear to the governing board to have:
- Been in state care in a place outside of England and Wales because they would not have otherwise been cared for adequately, and
- Ceased to be in that state care as a result of being adopted
The DfE ensures that all schools have an appropriately qualified and experienced member of staff (‘designated teacher’) who undertakes the responsibilities within the school to promote the educational achievement of looked-after and previously looked-after children on the school’s roll. At Violet Way, our Designated Teacher is Mrs Kee, who is contactable via the school office.